Throwback Thursday: Linkin Park

Last night marked 18 years since the undeniably game-changing album Hybrid Theory was released and after listening back to it again in its entirety, there's no way that that I could pass up the chance to talk about it. My love for Nu Metal is no secret and when Linkin park first stepped onto the scene with "One Step Closer", in that very instant they became my bread and butter.

A few years ago whilst working in an office job (which is the worst time for this to happen) I went through a music blip where I just wasn't latching onto any of the music that was coming out at the time. This meant that I was listening through the entire Linkin Park discography almost daily at work to get me through those Excel spreadsheets, and you will never hear me complain about that. Both Hybrid Theory and Meteora are the only LP albums that I can very easily listen to beginning to end without skipping a track. I would definitely go as far as to call them two of my favourite albums of all time.




After Chester's passing last year it took me a little while to be able to really listen to their older material but the first time that I went back to their work, it was Hybrid Theory that brought me back in. I wrote about wanting to see this album played live in its entirety one day and it makes my heart sink to know that now I never will. That said, I couldn't be more excited to continue celebrating this album as the decades pass because an album as truly original and classic as this, has no choice but to age well. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment